Sign up to be a part of the new and improved SciMatch program, where we connect amazing scientists with middle school teachers to help inspire the next generation!
What is SciMatch?
The SciMatch program accepts applications from middle school teachers in North Carolina who would like to have a scientist visit with their class. NCSciFest staff then works to find STEM professionals who are passionate about outreach to pair up with teachers. These scientists receive specialized communication training prior to the visit.
This year, scientists will visit classes in April, where they'll speak with students about their backgrounds and research, and answer questions about their careers. Due to uncertainty around COVID-19, these visits may be in-person or virtual. The goal of each visit is to inspire students to consider science as a career and to understand how science impacts our lives.
- January 14: Deadline to apply
- February 14: Applications are reviewed and teacher/scientist pairings are made. Teachers and scientists are notified of their match and begin communicating
- March: Orientation webinar for selected teachers and scientists and science communication training webinar for selected scientists.
- April: Virtual visits take place
- Post-visit survey completed within 1 week of visit
Applications Will open in November
Interested in learning more about our SciMatch program? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
The SciMatch initiative is made possible thanks to the generous support of The Biogen Foundation.