Funding from the Duke Energy Foundation allows NCSciFest staff to produce STEM activities and resources for use by elementary schools across the state. Traditionally, schools use the resources and support to organize and hold a family science night during the month of April, bringing families together as a community to explore the amazing world of science as part of the North Carolina Science Festival. In light of COVID-19, the NCSciFest team has created a Duke Energy Science Night activity kit that allows flexibility of use for April 2021.
WE THANK all the schools across NC using 193 duke energy science night kits this april!
WE INVITE you to participate as well:
What's included with a Duke Energy Science Night Activity Kit?
- Ten activities aligned with NC Standards
- Activity and Planning Guides
- Activity supplies (the materials needed for 200 students to perform each of the activities)
- Unlimited access to downloadable digital resources (including Spanish versions)
- Promotional materials (including a banner, flyer templates, and give-aways)
- Instructional webinars (including PD for teachers)
- Cost of materials procurement, packing and shipping
- Support of NCSciFest staff
SNEAK PREVIEW OF THE 2021-2022 Duke Energy Science Night Timeline:
- Aug 1 - Sep 1: Preorder period to purchase April 2022 activity kits
- Aug 1 - Aug 21: Application period for subsidized April 2022 activity kits
- Sep 25: Deadline to submit payment for April 2022 activity kits
- Jan 2022: Activity and Resources Overview Webinar
- Feb 2022: Kits will ship
- April 2022: Schools use their Duke Energy Science Night Activity Kits as part of the North Carolina Science Festival
What can YOU do if YOU have questions?
- Review the 2021 Activity Resources (linked above) to learn more about what the program includes
- Contact the NCSciFest team by email (email@example.com)