Thank you for your interest in the SciMatch program! SciMatch is an outreach program that connects STEM professionals with middle school classrooms.
We are continuing our hybrid model again this year so you can let us know below if you prefer an in-person or virtual visit.
Selected SciMatch STEM professionals will receive:
- A training webinar on science communication
- Opportunities to conduct virtual or in-person outreach visits with middle school students
- Milage reimbursement for travel to and from visit location
- Hotel reimbursement if traveling over 90 miles from point of origin
This program consists of the following commitments:
- Attend a short orientation webinar (date TBA in mid-January)
- Attend a virtual science communication workshop (date TBA in February)
- Meet virtually with the paired teacher once ahead of time
- "Visit" the paired teacher's classes for a day during April 2024
- Complete program evaluations
To apply, please provide the following information: