Thank you for your interest in the FUTURES program! FUTURES is a STEM outreach program that empowers community college faculty, staff, and students to connect with their local community through sharing their personal stories.
Selected FUTURES participants will receive:
- Workshops that help hone their skills in science communication and storytelling
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunities to network with professionals and connect with their community
- A modest stipend
This program consists of the following commitments:
- Complete two workshops
- Complete at least one consultation
- Develop a personal story
- Participate in at least one virtual or in-person outreach event
- Complete program evaluations
Depending on the location, this program will take roughly a year to complete. Most participants complete this program within a semester.
To apply, please provide the following information: